School No. 4, Elk Street School

SchoolNo.04.jpg
SchoolNo.04OldPartElk_Louisiana.jpg

Title

School No. 4, Elk Street School

Description

Built in 1849 at 425 South Park Avenue (formerly Elk Street and Abbott Road), this school was enlarged several times. In 1887, the design firm of Louise Bethune, Bethune & Bethune, designed an addition to the school. In 1925, this building was replaced by a new structure.

Date

1908-03

Source

Buffalo Public School Buildings, 1908

Publisher

Buffalo & Erie County Public Library (Publisher of digital)

Rights

Digital image copyright 2018 by the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Images in this collection are not to be used for any commercial purposes without the expressed written permission of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Users of this website are free to utilize material from this collection for non-commercial and educational purposes.