School No. 16, Delaware Avenue School

SchoolNo.16DelawareAve.jpg

Title

School No. 16, Delaware Avenue School

Description

In 1899, this building replaced the original School 16 at 939 Delaware Avenue near Bryant Street.  It was last used for educational purposes in 1976, when the school closed during desegregation.

The building was converted to apartments in the 1980s and remains in use as of 2018.

Date

1908-03

Source

Buffalo Public School Buildings, 1908

Publisher

Buffalo & Erie County Public Library (Publisher of digital)

Rights

Digital image copyright 2018 by the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Images in this collection are not to be used for any commercial purposes without the expressed written permission of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Users of this website are free to utilize material from this collection for non-commercial and educational purposes.