Browse Items (72 total)

  • Contributor is exactly "Grosvenor Room of the B&ECPL"

0001.jpg
Name of deceased, sex, age, weight, date of death, date of exam, clinical history, and description of body, organs, and diagnosis, and signature of doctor.

0001.jpg
Name of deceased, sex, age, weight, date of death, date of exam, clinical history, and description of body, organs, and diagnosis, and signature of doctor.

0001.jpg
Name, age, nativity, habits (temperate, intemperate), occupation, disease, time under treatment in days, stage of disease when admitted, date discharged, date cured, date died, remarks (notes on condition, cause of death, sent to Sisters of Charity…

PoorhouseRegister_vol11_0001.jpg
Statements signed by the nearest living relative or friend of the deceased giving consent to perform an autopsy. Includes date, name of consenter, name of deceased, relationship to deceased, and signature of witness(es).

PoorhouseRegister_vol3_0001.jpg
Date received, name, age, names of parents, nativity (place of birth/ethnicity), how discharged & to whom. Each October 1st, the children currently residing in the Alms House were listed as “carried forward” into the new record keeping year. Parents’…

PoorhouseRegister_vol1_0001.jpg
Includes children and adults. Name, age, place of nativity, town/county pauper or vagrant, date of commitment, by whom committed (can be a city sexton, justice of the peace, or doctor), town sent from, date committed, and date discharged. Discharge…

WalkInHamburgVillage_final_w_map.mp4
This is a video recreation of a slide presentation and narration by historian Elton R. Heath at the Hamburg Public Library in Hamburg, NY in 1978.  Heath shares his memories and photographs of Hamburg residents, homes, streets, schools, and…

SchoolNo.62.jpg
School 62 was built in 1906, the newest building included in the survey. Located at 396 Urban Street, it closed in 1980 as part of the desegregation plan. The building still exists, as of 2018.

SchoolNo.61.jpg
Built in 1904, this school is located at 453 Leroy Street near Grider. A large addition was added in 1915.

As of 2018, it is still in use as Public School 61, the Arthur O. Eve School of Distinction.

SchoolNo.60.jpg
Opened in 1897 at 238 Ontario Street, this school became Riverside Academy in 1976 during desegregation. In 2002, the school closed.  In 2014, it was renovated as an affordable housing complex. The building was also listed on the National Register of…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2