Browse Items (70 total)

  • Contributor is exactly "Grosvenor Room of the B&ECPL"

Located at 231 Sears Street, this school was built in 1897. A separate addition was constructed in 1914.

The original building was closed and demolished in 1942.

School 55 was built in 1895 at 94 Guilford Street. The school was later used as an annex to Burgard Vocational and Seneca Vocational High Schools.

It closed in 1955, and has since been demolished.

School 54 was built in 1894 at 2358 Main Street. A addition was constructed in 1907. The old building was demolished in 1964; a new school was constructed on the same site.

School 53 was built at 329 Roehrer Avenue, near Winslow Avenue. It was originally constructed in 1895, with an addition in 1901. A large new facility replaced the older structures in 1971, and remains in use as a school.

School 52 was located at 276 Bird Avenue near Barry Place. The school closed in 1980 as part of the desegregation plan. The building was later demolished to make way for a US Post Office.

School 51 was built in 1894. Located at 101 Hertel Avenue near Guernsey Street, an addition in 1927 doubled the school's size. The school closed in 2005 and is vacant as of 2018.

The original school was built in 1890 at 329 Fargo Avenue. It was replaced by another structure on Vermont Street in 1960.

The Fargo Avenue building no longer exists.

School 47 was constructed in 1889 at 469 Hickory Street. It closed in 1976, and no longer exists.

Built in 1888, this structure is still in use (as of 2018).  Located at 389 Virginia Street near Elmwood Avenue and Edward Street, it was designed by H. H. (Henry Harrison) Little, a prominent Buffalo architect. The building became a Veterans High…

School 45 opened at 402 Auburn Avenue in 1889. The school was demolished in 1971 when a much larger replacement was constructed.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2