Browse Items (103 total)

  • Contributor is exactly "Grosvenor Room of the B&ECPL"

Pan_Am_Exp_March_Manuscript_0001.jpg
Page 3 notes "Princeton" and page 5 appears to have lyrics to a song about Princeton University

Pan_Am_March_0001.jpg
Cover inscribed "Compliments of the composer"

Buffalo_March_0001.jpg
For the Piano, By Thomas Preston Brooke, conductor of the Chicago Marine Band. At head of title: "Dedicated to the Pan-American Exposition."

CentralHighSchool.jpg
Originally located at Franklin and Court Streets in Niagara Square, Central High School was Buffalo's first high school. The building pictured was the result of additions between 1854 and 1889. Central High moved to the Hutchinson building on Elmwood…

LafayetteHighSchool.jpg
Buffalo's third high school, located at 370 Lafayette Ave, was built in 1903. The stone, brick and terra-cotta structure in the French Renaissance Revival style was designed by architects August Esenwein and James A. Johnson. The building…

MastenParkHighSchool.jpg
Masten Park High School was Buffalo's second high school.  Located at Masten Avenue and North Street, this is the original building built in 1897. The architectural firm M.E. Beebe and Son won the competition to design the school. It was destroyed by…

NormalSchool.jpg
The Normal School, established in 1871, was a training school for teachers, and children attended the School of Practice within.  This Teachers College later evolved into Buffalo State College. Originally located on Jersey Street in 1871, this…

SchoolNo.01SeventhStreet.jpg
This building at 360 Seventh Street was the third to house School No. 1. Built in 1897, it was later called the "Old Building" when another school was built on Front Ave (later Busti Ave). The old building closed in the 1960s and has since been…

SchoolNo.03CondemnedPerryNearIllinois.jpg
Built in 1851 at Perry & Illinois Streets, this structure replaced the first School 3 on the same site. The neighborhood later grew to be more commercial, and this building closed in 1921.  School 3 was moved to a new builidng on Porter Avenue…

SchoolNo.04.jpg
Built in 1849 at 425 South Park Avenue (formerly Elk Street and Abbott Road), this school was enlarged several times. In 1887, the design firm of Louise Bethune, Bethune & Bethune, designed an addition to the school. In 1925, this building was…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2