Browse Items (711 total)

  • Coverage is exactly "Early Twentieth Century (1900-1925)"

FreeGuideExpoBuffalo_0001.jpg
Promotional booklet for both the 1901 Pan-American Exposition as well as for Dr. Pierce's Medical Dispensary (located in downtown Buffalo) his Common Sense Medical Adviser... with text on the city interspersed with text on Pierce's medical wonders...…

http://workfiles.buffalolib.org/FrancisGBarnesDiary001.jp2
Handwritten diary kept in 1911 by Francis G. Barnes, M.D. of Hamburg, NY. Brief daily entries detail: personal and professional meetings, medical practice notes, medical practice notes, and financial matters.

SchoolNo.62.jpg
School 62 was built in 1906, the newest building included in the survey. Located at 396 Urban Street, it closed in 1980 as part of the desegregation plan. The building still exists, as of 2018.

SchoolNo.61.jpg
Built in 1904, this school is located at 453 Leroy Street near Grider. A large addition was added in 1915.

As of 2018, it is still in use as Public School 61, the Arthur O. Eve School of Distinction.

SchoolNo.60.jpg
Opened in 1897 at 238 Ontario Street, this school became Riverside Academy in 1976 during desegregation. In 2002, the school closed.  In 2014, it was renovated as an affordable housing complex. The building was also listed on the National Register of…

SchoolNo.59.jpg
This three story brick Renaissance Revival Style school was built in 1897 at 761 Glenwood Avenue. It closed in 1976 during desegregation and has since been demolished.

SchoolNo.58.jpg
This is the first School 58, built in 1897 at 316 Rother Street. A new building was built nearby in 1914.

The "Old Building" on Rother closed in 1950 and has since been torn down.

SchoolNo.57SearsStreet.jpg
Located at 231 Sears Street, this school was built in 1897. A separate addition was constructed in 1914.

The original building was closed and demolished in 1942.

SchoolNo.55.jpg
School 55 was built in 1895 at 94 Guilford Street. The school was later used as an annex to Burgard Vocational and Seneca Vocational High Schools.

It closed in 1955, and has since been demolished.

SchoolNo.54.jpg
School 54 was built in 1894 at 2358 Main Street. A addition was constructed in 1907. The old building was demolished in 1964; a new school was constructed on the same site.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2