Otowega Club scrapbook : 1895-1905
"The Otowega Club, built in 1895 by the architects Green and Wicks, was located ... at the corner of Starin and Linden Avenues, in the Central Park District. The club was a family institution and an integral part of the neighborhood's social life. Its membership consisted of established local business entrepreneurs, manufacturers, and upwardly mobile families in the Greater Buffalo area. Lewis J. Bennett, Buffalo's cement king and developer of the Central Park District, was the club's chief promoter. The collection contains 220 printed invitations, programs, flyers, handbills, announcements, menus, cards, and tickets, associated with the club's myriad social entertainment as well as items regarding its management, improvement, and membership. The collection is further enhanced by the addition of over 90 newspaper clippings, including several illustrated, relevant to the club's activities. This collection was assembled and maintained by Leslie J. Bennett, son of the club's promoter and neighborhood founder, Lewis J. Bennett."--from original bookseller's description. Also includes a brochure for the 1901 Pan-American Exposition.
Digital Collections of the B&ECPL
Buffalo & Erie County Public Library (Publisher of digital)
Digital collection copyright 2016 by the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. This collection or portions thereof are not to be used for any commercial purposes without the expressed written permission of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Users of this website are free to utilize material from this collection for non-commercial and educational purposes.