Central High School

CentralHighSchool.jpg
CentralHighSchoolNiagaraSquare.jpg

Title

Central High School

Description

Originally located at Franklin and Court Streets in Niagara Square, Central High School was Buffalo's first high school. The building pictured was the result of additions between 1854 and 1889.

Central High moved to the Hutchinson building on Elmwood Avenue in 1914, and the school became known as Hutchinson-Central. The old building in Niagara Square was torn down in 1926, and replaced by the State Office Building at 65 Court Street.

Date

1908-03

Source

Buffalo Public School Buildings, 1908

Publisher

Buffalo & Erie County Public Library (Publisher of digital)

Rights

Digital image copyright 2018 by the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Images in this collection are not to be used for any commercial purposes without the expressed written permission of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Users of this website are free to utilize material from this collection for non-commercial and educational purposes.