Normal School

NormalSchool.jpg

Title

Normal School

Description

The Normal School, established in 1871, was a training school for teachers, and children attended the School of Practice within.  This Teachers College later evolved into Buffalo State College.

Originally located on Jersey Street in 1871, this structure was replaced with a new building in 1914. The new structure on this site housed Grover Cleveland High School beginning in 1931.

Date

1908-03

Source

Buffalo Public School Buildings, 1908

Publisher

Buffalo & Erie County Public Library (Publisher of digital)

Rights

Digital image copyright 2018 by the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Images in this collection are not to be used for any commercial purposes without the expressed written permission of the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library. Users of this website are free to utilize material from this collection for non-commercial and educational purposes.